- Lion demons are monstrous humanoids with the (demon, outsider) subtypes. These subtypes do not grant the lion demon any racial traits, but he is affected by spells and effects as though he were a demon and an outsider in addition to a monstrous humanoid.
- Large: Lion demons are Large creatures. This imposes a -1 size penalty on their AC and attack rolls, a -4 size penalty to their Stealth checks, and grants a +1 size bonus to their CMB checks and CMD.
- Slow Speed: Lion demons are slow for their size, with a base speed of only 30 feet.
- Bite: The lion demon gains a bite attack. This primary natural attack inflicts 1d6 damage.
- Cat-Tastic: A lion demon gains a +2 racial bonus on Perception and Intimidate checks.
- Long-Haired Feline: All that fur of a lion demon catches attacks nicely and wraps around wrists, hafts, and shafts. Lion demons gain a +1 natural armor bonus to AC. It's also a bit of an allergen, so watch out!* Low-Light Vision: Lion demons can see twice as far as humans in conditions of poor illumination, such as starlight, moonlight and torchlight. They retain the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Can't Fire the Feline: A lion demon gains fire resistance 5.
- Slam: A lion demon has a single slam attack. This primary natural attack deals 1d8 damage. He may use this slam attack as though it were a monk weapon for all monk feature, when applicable, even if those features normally preclude the use of natural weapons.
- Automatic Languages: Lion demons speak Common and either Abyssal or Infernal depending on which is the standard language of their native netherworld. They also speak their choice of either English or Japanese. Lion demons with high Intelligence scores may also select any bonus language, except for secret languages (such as druidic).
- Level Adjustment: A Lion Demon has a level adjustment of +1.
Finally, All demons possess the following capability.
Reformed Demon: A demon so holy and valiant that he finds himself out of place within the Netherworld may opt to become an Angel Trainee, either willlingly or by exile from the Netherworld's Overlord. Either way, they must be trained in Celestia over the course of two weeks to become a Reformed Demon. and must be accepted by a Seraph Angel to be nominated as an Angel Trainee. If the Demon succeeeds his training, he loses all of his Demon abilities and gains Angel abilities instead. Though they essentially become angels, Reformed Demons maintain their frightening demonic appearance, the only difference being a shift of eye color from blood red to a light blue or golden color, as a sign of their reformed nature.